Re: Index Word

Subject: Re: Index Word
From: Bonnie Granat <bgranat -at- lynx -dot- dac -dot- neu -dot- edu>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 19:11:23 -0400

> Aoidìn Scully writes:
> >
> > I always thought that the Index tool in Word 97 was just particularily
> > gnarly - when I select a word and click the Mark button, the text
> > doesn't appear in the little box. This makes it hard to mark
> > sub-entries, for example.
> >
> > It's now been suggested to me that maybe Word is not at
> > fault. We use a true type font in our manuals that was created specially
> > for us, and the suggestion is that maybe the Index marker cannot 'see'
> > this font, and that that is why the words don't appear.

I've recently learned that you have to type the subentries in. If you click the
question mark in the Mark Entry dialog box and then click the subentry text box,
the pop-up help should say, "Creates an index subentry if you type in this box."

Bonnie Granat
Technical Editor
Parametric Technology Corporation
bgranat -at- ptc -dot- com