Re: WORD Question

Subject: Re: WORD Question
From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: Kstle -at- aol -dot- com, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:55:48 +1000

Karen,

The style list provided with Word 97 shows what the fonts look like and
gives some information about the styles. This list can be helpful, but (as
your engineer discovered) custom styles don?t appear in alphabetical order
along with the supplied styles.

Users of earlier versions of Word will remember a different type of Style
list, where everything was in alphabetical order. Fortunately, Word 97
users can add the old Style list to the menu bar (though you can?t delete
the new one, even if you want to). Here's how:

1. On the Tools menu, click Customize.

2. On the Customize dialog, choose the Commands tab.

3. Make sure Save in: shows normal.dot. In the Categories list, click
Format. In the Commands box, find the Style... item (the one with an icon
containing two letter A?s to its left, not the Style: entry with a
drop-down list box to its right).

4. Drag the Style... item to the right of the Style drop-down list on the
Formatting Toolbar and release the mouse button. The double-A icon appears
on the toolbar.

5. Click Close to close the Customize dialog.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
mailto:jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.wrevenge.com.au/
Now available: Electronic Editing, A quick start guide for
editing students, experienced editors making the
switch from paper to online, and anyone who needs
to write or edit electronically. For details:
http://www.wrevenge.com.au/bookshop/e-edit.htm