another wording question

Subject: another wording question
From: ahowell -at- poolmail -dot- dolphinsoftware -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:01:34 -0400

I am writing a manual for a piece of monitoring software. This software sends
out e-mail messages to designated recipients at certain pre-programmed times
during the day. However, a user can interact with the system and ask it to send
out a status message in between the scheduled messages. In describing this
status message I've written:

"This message will appear as any other message, except that its timestamp
will be outside the normal message schedule."

I'm not crazy about "outside the normal message schedule", but it's the best I
can come up with at the moment. Anyone else have another idea?

Thanks in advance,

Ann Howell
Dolphin Software Services ULC
http://dolphinsoftware.com