RE: Salaries for Tech Writers in NYC - Summary

Subject: RE: Salaries for Tech Writers in NYC - Summary
From: "Ahuja, Rasil K Ms IMCEN" <Rasil -dot- Ahuja -at- hqda -dot- army -dot- mil>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:38:10 -0400

I guess I should have specified that the positions I am interested in are
permanent. However, thanks to all who took the time to respond to my query.

Here are the results:

If you're a contractor, it varies between $45-70/hr depending on the
project. For an intermediate writer, expect between $50K-65K for a perm
position. But don't expect relocation or a signing bonus.

Thanks for providing me a realistic picture of what to expect!
And wish me luck on my interviews!!!!
:-)

-Rasil