Re: FrameMaker? Blanking Last Page

Subject: Re: FrameMaker? Blanking Last Page
From: "Tom Murrell" <tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "Techwr-l" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 10:04:00 -0400

sonyahof -at- flash -dot- net asks the question:

"Why do you want to blank out the header and footer on the last page of
a chapter?"

I have a suspicion this has been hashed over in the past. I will be
interested in learning whether there is a sound publishing reason, a legal
reason, or just some variation of "We've always done it that way."

FWIW, I've always thought the legend, "This page intentionally left blank,"
was an oxymoron. That leads me to believe that someone came up with a legal
reason that it must be included in some organizations' documentation. It
will surprise no one to hear that I have managed to avoid it my entire
career.

Tom Murrell
Senior Technical Writer
Alliance Data Systems, Inc.
mailto:tmurrell -at- alldata -dot- net
OR
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com