Summary - Word form fields

Subject: Summary - Word form fields
From: Lora Matzner <Lora -dot- Matzner -at- schwans -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:06:27 -0500

Many thank to those of you who responded so quickly (David Locke, Geoff
Lane, & Rhonda Bracey). For anyone else who's interested, here goes...

David wrote:
You can insert the picture link to a placeholder and then protect the
document. Your users can insert a picture by overwriting the appropriate
file using the filename that you used as a placeholder.

I tried this and it works with one limitation, and that is that original
file's aspect ratio is retained. You might want to establish a fixed size
for the inserted graphic and have them paste their graphic in to the
placeholder bitmap.
-----
This might work for me, but I prefer to have them be able to make their pix
as big or as small as they desire.

--------------------
Geoff wrote:
It (Insert>Picture>From File) isn't (disabled) for unprotected sections of
the document. So, put in continuous section breaks either side of where you
want the user to be able to insert a graphic.
-----
I guess I haven't work w/form fields enough to realize that one can protect
only sections of a doc. I think this will work! Thank you for sharing your
knowledge.

--------------------
Rhonda wrote:
Depends whether you protect with a password or not. If you protect with a
password, then unless the end-users know the password, they can't access any
part of the doc except the form fields. If you just protect and don't apply
a password, then they can easily unprotect the doc and do whatever they like
with it (which sorts of defeat the purpose of a protected document, I
would've thought!)
-----
Yes, but when they protect the document again, any text they might have
typed in the text form fields would disappear. I could instruct them to
insert all pix first, protect, and then type text, but this process has to
be made as simple as possible for this audience.