Saving from FrameMaker to PDF

Subject: Saving from FrameMaker to PDF
From: "Chaim Chatan [ENG]" <chaimc -at- elal -dot- co -dot- il>
To: TECHWR-L digest <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:18:11 +0200

I am in the process of converting our manuals to PDF format to be
distributed on CD-ROM. One of the problems that I have encountered is that
when it comes to saving from FrameMaker to PDF, what you see is not
necessarily what you get. Often, I have the contents of one page shift up or
down onto the next page. In some of the segments involving tables, the
tables ran into the next page. I have to keep on going back into FrameMaker,
move text up or down or redo the tables, and save the new version into PDF.
There are times when I have to do this repeatedly so that I get a PDF
document that exactly replicates the FrameMaker original. Is this something
that I will have to deal with, or are there ways of making sure that when it
comes to saving from FrameMaker to PDF, WYSIWYG?