Help with PDF writing

Subject: Help with PDF writing
From: Kim Nylander <nylanderk -at- ipix -dot- com>
To: "Technical Writing List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 16:40:42 -0400

Hello!

I have a dilemma, and maybe someone would have an answer to this
question. I have a user manual with screen shots (120 pages) that will be
posted on a Web site. I've never created a screen-optimized PDF file
before. I tried creating the file using Acrobat Distiller 4.0 with the
screen-optimized setting. The graphics are not acceptable.

What are the best settings to create a PDF file with reasonable looking
graphics? The screen optimized file is 1.7 MB but the images are not
acceptable quality. The PDF file I normally create is 3.5 MB, but that
is much too large.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Kim Nylander