WebWorks Help vs JavaHelp

Subject: WebWorks Help vs JavaHelp
From: William Swallow <WSWALLOW -at- commsoft -dot- net>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:02:41 -0400

<<<>>>
For you WebWorks Help users: I'm wondering how dependable this system
is, given its newness. We already encountered some bugs while using the
eval copy of WW2K.
<<<>>>

I'm interested in seeing this bug list. The only "nasty" bug I'm aware of is
the missing CSS reference which is remedied with a simple deletion of the
reference from the ASP.

As far as dependability, my experience is that it's very dependable. In a
nutshell, it's a framed HTML interface with a Java-based TOC/IX and portable
HTML content. Can't get more basic than that without losing functionality.

I've been able to run WWH on IE4, IE5 and NN4. It's pretty slow on IE4 due
to IE's poor handling of Java. It screams on NN, and runs nicely on IE5.

Bill Swallow
Technical Writer
Aptis Inc.
a subsidiary of Billing Concepts
phone: 518.433.7698
fax: 518.433.7680
<mailto:william -dot- swallow -at- aptissoftware -dot- com>
<http://www.aptissoftware.com>