RE: Appealing to or introducing Tech Comm "best practices"

Subject: RE: Appealing to or introducing Tech Comm "best practices"
From: Ginger Moskowitz <ginger -at- aatech -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 15:52:27 -0400

>Does anybody out there have thoughts or advice on how to build a good
>working relationship with such a colleague, while also encouraging them to
>open up to the standards and best practices of the field, as described and
>discussed in the major resources of the field (STC and ACM pubs, TECHWR-L,

I can't really tell what the problem is here. If there are specific problems
with such a person's writing (it's unclear, disorganized, inaccurate, etc.)
then point these out as necessary. If you have a company style guide and the
person isn't following it, that's a problem due to inconsistencies. But this
sounds more like a personality clash, and if it is, you may find that
allowing yourself a little distance is better than trying to cozy up to
them.