RE: Any ideas for a presentation on the documentation process?

Subject: RE: Any ideas for a presentation on the documentation process?
From: shelly -dot- l -dot- hazard -at- exgate -dot- tek -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:28:29 -0700

Hmmmm, maybe it's just me, but I sense alot of frustrated tech writers out
there.....

Personally, I think John's idea of documenting the simple procedure to make
a peanut butter sandwich is ideal. It gracefully points out how hard
technical writing can be without criticizing how the rest of a project
program runs. The object of the presentation (or how I read the original
request) was to impart information to provide better understanding and
communication between groups - I can't think of a better way to demonstrate
it. You can always add in formal slides to explain the documentation
process as well - but I would do the exercise first. Once you open people's
eyes, they'll be more willing to listen to procedures.

My 2c worth.

Shelly