References to previous company names

Subject: References to previous company names
From: "Linda Sims" <lsims -at- dset -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 11:30:34 -0400

OK, here's the situation.

1. We're writing manuals that refer to a company that recently (in
the last year) changed its name due to its acquisition by another
company.
2. One of our writers left that company for ours within the last 4
months. We are told that the newly named company uses _both_
names within its own documentation (presumably not in the same
document).

Do we use the old name or the new name when referring to them?
My personal opinion is to go for the new name unless we're
referencing a product made prior to the name change.

TIA

Linda Sims
Technical Writer
^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
DSET Corporation
1160 US Highway 22
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
(v) 908-526-7500, ext. 1278
(f) 908-526-7008
^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
Delivering Global TMN Solutions for a Converging World
Web Site: http://www.dset.com