Spell Checkers - ??OT

Subject: Spell Checkers - ??OT
From: "Kathi Jan Knill" <Kathi -dot- Knill -at- template -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 12:43:12 -0400

Let me start by saying that I do NOT rely solely on spell checkers to make
sure that my doc is clean. I do however use them as a first pass through
before I print.
That said I have a question about the Framemaker Spell Checker.
Does anyone know if it is the type of checker that only checks new words
since the last spell check was run? Or does it actually run through the
whole file each time?
The reason I ask is because often when I use the SC for a second round
after I've made some major changes, it runs through quickly and sometimes
just says the doc is okay. It makes it seem like it is not doing a thorough
job.
Just curious. YOu can answer off-line if you want to.

Kathi Jan Knill
Sr. Technical Writer
Template Software, Inc.
kathi -dot- knill -at- template -dot- com
When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way,
implicitly and unquestionable. `` W.Disney