RE: Standards vs. creativity

Subject: RE: Standards vs. creativity
From: "David Chinell" <dchinell -at- email -dot- msn -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 09:07:16 -0400

Listers:

It's TRUE about line length.

Most of you are aware of the Plato rule from this
forum's charter:

If you write at length, you must write with a
commensurate degree of wit, so as to engage and
entertain the reader.

I have deleted many a posting from this particular
debate, simply because it was not returning
anything for the reading effort required.

Imagine my surprise when my eyes floated
effortlessly to the very end of Mr. Neeley's
recent contribution! While I care little for
luthiers, the author's considerate choice of line
length and masterful command of the paragraph
quite enthralled me.

Bear