Thank you's and some organizing help

Subject: Thank you's and some organizing help
From: Joel Basart <joel_basart -at- inetco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 10:11:10 -0700

Hello, first I want to thank the numerous people that helped me with my
FrameMaker problem the last few days, I really appreciate it! Now the thing
is, I love being a part of the Tech Writing list, but am new to these and I
seem to be getting 40 e-mails each morning, and let me tell you with
Groupshield virus scanning each one, it is driving me crazy! Is there a way
to organize these messages a little better? Something like a newsgroup where
I can just browse the messages rather than get bombarded by them all day
long? The Groupshield interrupts my typing everytime it scans a new message,
so when I get another 20 messages all day long, I'm constantly getting
interrupted...it is a little annoying trying to type a manual when this
happens. Anything I can do? I know, I'm such a newbie at this, and it is
true, I just don't usually subscribe to lists like this, but I'm still glad
I did. By the way I am using MS Outlook, which is a new experience as well!

Joel Basart
Technical Writer
INETCO Systems