RE: Repeating Steps Task

Subject: RE: Repeating Steps Task
From: "Cascio, Justin" <Justin_Cascio -at- tvratings -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 10:46:01 -0400

John, I have written what I would consider an improved version of your
instructions for unwhompering below. Notice that I indicate how to get to
the Tweak Log Window and I put the steps in the correct order as the user
would complete them. Since the user would not percieve a difference between
changing the values and confirming they're correct, I've combined it all
into one process. Justin

Unwhompering
You can unwhomper Wonderful Widget Whackers by using the Tweak Log Window.
For more information on the Tweak Log Window, see Section 2.5.

To unwhomper a window:

1. From the Main Window, select Tweak to access the Tweak Log Window.
2. Select a Thingy in the "Thingies" combo box. The Tweak Log Window
software displays the current Thingy value in the "Current Value" text box.
3. Tweak the Thingy. For more help with tweaking Thingies, see Section 3.
4. Type the Thingy value you want to use in the "New Value" edit control.
5. Click OK. If you enter an a Thingy value that is too high or low, the
program displays a message box. Click OK. In the Tweak Log Window, the
program highlights the value you need to change. Change the value and click
OK.

The program saves your changes and grays out the Thingy entry in the combo
box, then displays an empty Tweak Log Window.

6. Complete steps 2 through 6 for each Thingy you want to unwhomper. The
Tweak Log Window closes after you tweak the last Thingy.