Link testing methodology

Subject: Link testing methodology
From: Chris Hamilton <caxdj -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 11:45:48 -0500

We're going to be moving into the online world at my current place of
employment. It seems to me that QA could require of us a method for
assuring that not only are our links not broken, but that they point to
the correct target. It seems to me that regardless of whether you
automate this task or do it manually, you have to start by creating a
list of each link on each page and its appropriate target. What's more,
because of the fact that compiling such a list is likely to be a long,
arduous task, someone should review it. And that's before you've run the
first test. Is there a short cut, some sort of magic method for doing
this in less than the time it takes to create the earth and all its
inhabitants?

Any wisdom you could expound would be most welcome.