RE: Gun to the head - How Nasty!

Subject: RE: Gun to the head - How Nasty!
From: barry -dot- kieffer -at- exgate -dot- tek -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:13:31 -0800

I agree with Michelle. As technical writers it is our duty to rid society of
all of these violent words, phrases, and deeds.

Again, I plead to my fellow technical writers: STOP USING THE DESCRIPTION
"BULLETS"!

No more bulleted lists! It is too violent and makes me think of drive by
shootings.

Lets call them "happy dots". Instead of round bullet hole looking dots,
please follow my lead and use hearts or clover shapes.

No more disabling fonts! We must enable happy fonts, like sans comic.

No more forcing paragraphs to the next page! We must enable paragraphs to be
happy on a new page of their own.

I cried last week when I found out that the engineering staff was going to
"cripple" the next software demo release. I had to return to counseling to
get over the trauma of the thought of "crippling code".

We must strive to rid any possible violent word or phrase from our technical
writing.

Thank you for your love and understanding.

Barry