RE: Gun to Head - - wrong listserv

Subject: RE: Gun to Head - - wrong listserv
From: "Michelle Wolfe" <WOLFEM -at- bcbsil -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 12:52:16 -0600

Sorry for all the confusion on this one. I guess technology can get the best of me if I don't pay close attention ;-)

The original reference was if a trainer should ask their class "Could you do it if someone put a gun to your head?"

Unfortunately, I sent my first response to the wrong listserv. This has caused all sorts of confusion. I am sorry <sad face>

Writers can write anything they like. I don't have to read it. However, if I am in a classroom and the instructor asks the question above, there is really nothing I can do (but possibly feel very uncomfortable, disgusted, offended, walk out, miss the learning experience, etc.).

My point was that an instructor should change the phrase if he or she is going to use it so that it doesn't quite envision the same violent act. For example, "Could you do it if your life depended on it?" In our world today, I believe it is the compassionate thing to do.