RE: Anyone still using GIFs ?

Subject: RE: Anyone still using GIFs ?
From: "Brady, Joy" <JBrady -at- alldata -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:34:00 -0500

I think this is a non-issue, since almost all of the tools we use
(Microsoft, Paint Shop Pro, etc.) paid the original licensing fee in order
to create their filters, etc. It's not for us users to worry about. And
besides, wouldn't we want to be paid for our work and any technology we
develop? I don't mean to be self-righteous. I just feel grateful for the
tools, technologies, and file formats so readily available to me as a
writer. I remember it was a lot different 15+ years ago.