Re: Word, MS Binder question

Subject: Re: Word, MS Binder question
From: Ed Gregory <edgregory -at- home -dot- com>
To: Pia Teir <pia -dot- teir -at- citec -dot- fi>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 09:08:27 -0600

Binder is a nightmare. Prepare for many crashes.
I just came from a large project where team leadership wanted to try
Binder, event though nobody on the team had any experience with it. It
worked fine in the beginning, but began crashing regularly as documents
were added and edited.
Prepare, also, for an utter lack of documentation and support from Microsoft.

At 03:11 PM 11/3/99 +0200, Pia Teir wrote:

>Has anyone any experience with Microsoft Binder?
>
>I have a client who wants my FrameMaker files in Word.
>The Frame file is of >130 pages, with lots of pictures and
>tables and I don't want to put them all in one Word file.

Ed Gregory
http://www.members.home.net/edgregory/search1.htm