Which help module?

Subject: Which help module?
From: Scottie Lover <iluvscotties -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 10:53:42 -0500

Although not a technical writer per se, I have always taken great pride in
providing excellent online help and printed user guides with my
applications. (After all, the better the user understands the system, the
better he'll be able to use it, and the happier he will be with it.)

I have seen a number of third party help modules to greatly facilitate this
process, and would greatly appreciate any recommendations or warnings. (I
had initially planned to purchase RoboHelp, but their continuing refusal to
divulge the price left me wary, annoyed, and looking elsewhere. I just
can't trust a company that sends postcards promising something for free,
and then wants to charge my credit card almost $ 1,000.)

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

"Scottie"
(The Scottish Terrier Lover)