Re: Mac/Win Online Help

Subject: Re: Mac/Win Online Help
From: "Chuck" <writer -at- best -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 13:11:45 -0800

<ahowell -at- poolmail -dot- dolphinsoftware -dot- com> wrote in message
news:27620 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> As far as I know HTMLHelp is only good for IE on PCs. For a Mac audience,
look
> at WebHelp (RoboHelp HTML, for one, lets you output this format) which is
> cross-platform, browser independent.

Other cross-platform, cross-browser solutions work as well.

But be cautions with Blue Sky's WebHelp. If you have file names longer than
32 characters, you won't be able to install them and view tham on a
Macintosh. WebHelp does not truncate names for Macs. ForeFront's InterHelp
does though.

Chuck Martin
writer"at"best"dot"com www.writeforyou.com

"[Programmers] cannot successfully be asked to design for
users because...inevitably, they will make judgments based
on the difficult of coding and not on the user's real needs."
- Alan Cooper
"About Face: The Essentials of User Interface Design"

NOTICE TO BULK EMAILERS: Pursuant to US Code,
Title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, 227, any and all
nonsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address is
subject to a download and archival fee in the amount of $500
US. E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.