Using RoboHELP 2000 to create Java Help

Subject: Using RoboHELP 2000 to create Java Help
From: "Rene Stephenson" <RStephenson -at- mwci -dot- mea -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 7:0:46

It's my first week on this new contract, and I've just received my first
Java help project assignment. There is no HAT in-house yet. However, my
manager won't consider other HATs, so RoboHELP it is! I have produced HTML
help systems with RoboHELP 6.0 before, and I'm aware of the bugs there.
Unfortunately, I've only got 2 weeks to get a demo of the Java help system
together, and I'll be learning RoboHELP 2000 at the same time that I learn
the "ins and outs" of Java help. We hope to receive our copy of RoboHELP in
the next day or so...

Also, PLEASE give me a "heads up" about any bugs and work-arounds for
creating Java help with RoboHELP 2000. I can't promise you'll be paid for
your sage advice, but I do return favors in like kind. :-)

Also, does anyone know if when RoboHELP creates the Java help files from
the RoboHELP project, can I specify one path for the HTM files, and a
different path for the XML, MAP, etc., files? And does RoboHTML 2000
actually create HTML files, or just HTM files? In our Sun system, we have
to use HTML, not HTM, so that's another block of time allotted to cleaning
up a RoboHELP shortfall.

Please respond directly to me (rstephenson -at- mwci -dot- mea -dot- com), rather than
posting to the list serve. I won't receive list serve responses until I get
the digest tomorrow morning, and time is of the essence.

Thanks a million,
Rene Stephenson
First Minion to the Wizard