RE: Are these words being used?

Subject: RE: Are these words being used?
From: "JULIA M COUNTRYMAN" <JULIA -at- juliasugarbaker -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 23:06:35 -0800

I guess that's why you're the writer and he's not. In all seriousness, we
just went over this in a tech writing class that I'm in. You might explain
to him that at the office these are appropriately used jargon. In technical
publications, jargon is always avoided because their exact meanings are not
universally known. Although I would hesitate to call these jargon, since
they come much closer to slang, IMNSHO. It doesn't matter how commonly used
they are within the office, you still wouldn't put swear words into your
documents-- this works almost every time!

I can just imagine your eye rolling when this discussion took place!

Julia

Bob Morrisette wrote:
A SME wants me to use these words. He says that they
are
commonly used. What do you think?

orderability shippability

Bob Morrisette
writer -at- computer -dot- org

^^^^^
Sponsored by Weisner Associates Inc., Online
Information Services
Moving your documentation online? We can help with
standards, planning,
or training. Visit us at http://www.weisner.com or
mailto:info -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp. Make your team
FrameMaker experts with
our Power User training for Adobe Acrobat and
FrameMaker. Delivered at your
U.S. site or ours. http://www.digipubcorp.com,
mailto:trainme -at- digipubcorp -dot- com

smithcds -at- ICI -dot- NET
$subst('Email.Unsub')
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot-
Visit
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources
and info.

Moving your documentation online? We can help with standards, planning,
or training. Visit us at http://www.weisner.com or mailto:info -at- weisner -dot- com -dot-

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp. Make your team FrameMaker experts with
our Power User training for Adobe Acrobat and FrameMaker. Delivered at your
U.S. site or ours. http://www.digipubcorp.com,
mailto:trainme -at- digipubcorp -dot- com

---
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: julia -at- juliasugarbaker -dot- com