Re: Mission Statement

Subject: Re: Mission Statement
From: Bob Morrisette <writer1 -at- sabu -dot- EBay -dot- Sun -dot- COM>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com, PHanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 17:17:24 -0800 (PST)

From: Paul Hanson <PHanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>

>I'd be interested in reading any documentation department mission
>statements that you use or have heard. Looking for opinions.

I could not resist including my post on this subject from
August, 1997. Sorry I cannot be more constructive, Paul.

__My advice about a mission statement is to forget it. I've spent
many hours in meeting rooms at several companies creating mission
statements. Management only asks for these because it is one
of the buzz phrases. After many drafts and approvals up and down
the chain, the mission statement will be filed away and everyone
will forget about it until a new manager comes in and says,
"I think we should start working on a mission statement."

Sorry to be so negative, but the mission statement is one of my
sore points.__

Nothing has changed since 1997.

Bob Morrisette
writer -at- computer -dot- org