RE: how to write click

Subject: RE: how to write click
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 07:41:34 -0500

Thanks for the thoughts.

Nah. It's a context thing. I suppose "select File|Edit|Copy" might mean
"select file or edit or copy." Maybe. "File -> Edit" might also mean "file
minus greater than edit," too. I don't think anyone would get confused, nor
have they in many years, but I'll keep an eye out.

Of course, this convention will vary shop by shop. Maybe "select File>Edit"
is better, because you don't have to worry that the minus sign doesn't align
to the vertical center of the greater-than sign. I know there are shops
using that convention, too. Ahhhh, the little things <vbg>.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com