Helpfiles not working right in Delpi 5.

Subject: Helpfiles not working right in Delpi 5.
From: wlewis -at- nclogic -dot- com (Wendy Lewis)
To: "techwhirlers" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:27:27 -0500

Hi,
This is probably a Delpi question. No... it's definately a Delphi question.
If anyone knows a better place to post this, please let me know.

I am using Delphi to link my help files to Delphi forms via context numbers
and help hints. Since I upgraded to Delphi 5, I have seen a new problem that
seems to be related to forms with multiple panels or tabbednotebooks. On
simple screens that use the default help file, F1 pulls up the proper help
topic in the correct format. Since I've been using Delphi 5, complex forms
seem to be pop up the proper topic, but then put the help contents form on
top of it. When the form is accessing the default help file, you just have
to close the contents form to see the help topic. When the form is pointing
to a different-than-default help file, it can't find the contents form to
display and locks up WinHelp, the application, and Delphi. The only way out
is to kill Delpi through the TaskMaster. (Yes, I'm on NT)

I am working with a real Delphi developer in trying to fix this problem, do
you know of a new 'feature' or bug in Delphi 5 that is causing this? Do you
know a work around?

Thanks,
Wendy Lewis

A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person
lives in a hostile world: everyone you meet is your mirror.--
Ken Keyes, Jr.