Re: peanut butter and jelly - revisited

Subject: Re: peanut butter and jelly - revisited
From: Nora Merhar <nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:19:53 -0600

It will also depend on what kind of VCR she has.

(couldn't you just cop out and say "Dear Grandma, RTFM"?)

It's not true that the correct amount of documentation is "none".
Otherwise, why
would you ever need recipes? If I say to you "Hey you--make me a PBJ"
are you
seriously telling me that you wouldn't make some sort of attempt to find
out
what kind of bread I would like, what kind of jelly or jam (none of the
PBJ
sandwiches I've ever eaten actually involved jelly, no matter what they
are
called), whether I like my bread with crusts on or off, what kind of PB
I like
(crunchy, smooth, all-natural) and on and on? You could do a serious
amount of
audience analysis with this exercise.

Now, maybe you don't need instructions on how to handle the knife, but
trying to
write instructions for what is considered to be a simple process can be
eye-opening for people who don't do it every day.

Nora
Senior Technical Writer, Charles Industries, Ltd.
nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com