ADMIN: Re: a modest grammar suggestion

Subject: ADMIN: Re: a modest grammar suggestion
From: Eric Ray <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: David Neeley <dbneeley -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 13:07:06 -0700

David Neeley wrote:
> I hesitated to submit this observation, since I really
> don't want to "nit pick" or discourage contributions
> of valuable points of view on the list. At the same
> time, though, these mixed-up usages can make our work
> product appear less professional.
>
> I hope this observation helps.

Actually, it doesn't. This forum is NOT a venue in which
issues like this should be raised. We can assume that any
instances of, say, its/it's confusion in postings to this
list are typos or results of messages written in haste,
and ignore them. Similarly, we can assume that EVERYONE
on this list is amply aware of the correct usage of an
apostrophe and ensures that usage in work products is
correct.

Postings to this list are not, in my opinion, a work product
nor appropriate for "editing" of any sort, PARTICULARLY
not in public.

Well that you should hesitate to make this kind of observation
on the list, as it's clearly prohibited in the rules.

If you have any comments about this issue, direct them to me
offline. Thanks!
Eric