question re: GUI design list serves

Subject: question re: GUI design list serves
From: "Mary Choy" <mchoy -at- sirius -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:10:12 -0800

My friend Kayla (she's the I in this post) had some feedback as well as some
questions on this post...

> GUI design list serve--SUMMARY
>
> Three lists were recommended. One was the ACM SIGCHI list. I have been
> subscribed to it for a week, but I haven't received any

I'd recommend the Bay-CHI list. I think you can find subscription
information at www.baychi.org. If not there, then check www.peterme.com
and look in the resources section. (peterme is a good ui resource web
site in general). .....

I would also recommend www.webword.com but the owner is currently having
some major site problems due to issues with his isp. But keep checking
back -- the site is awesome for ui stuff.

> One was Babble,
> which discusses web design. Info at http://www.highfive.com/.

I can't find anything about babble. Can you be more specific about how
to find the info?

> http://www.acm.org
> http://www.usableweb.com
> Dr. Theo Mandel's book The Elements of User Interface Design, ISBN
> 0-471-16267-1

Hrmm, thats one I haven't heard of. For books, I'd recommend Alan
Cooper's "About Face". It's geared towards windows ui, but is applicable
to any software ui design.

I'd also recommend Constantine and Lockwood's book "Software for Use".
This book is awesome!