Definition of RCI (graphic format)

Subject: Definition of RCI (graphic format)
From: "John David Hickey" <dave -at- toonboom -dot- com>
To: "Techwr-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 13:03:27 -0500

Greetings!

I've combed the various online resources (web dictionaries and technological
dictionaries) for a definition of what RCI stands for. It's some kind of
graphic format (like bitmap (BMP) or targe (TGA)), but I can't seem to find
exactly what RCI means.

The reason I need this is that the application I'm documenting allows you to
save vectorize drawings in a variety of formats (BMP, TGA, OPT, SGI,
etc...). I've defined all the other formats, but RCI continues to elude me.
Out of frustration, I placed a bogus definition of RCI in the first draft
copy (RCI: Rectal Cranial Inversion) hoping that one of my SMEs would have
an answer. Most of them didn't even notice it, but the two that did notice
marked it as wrong. Well duh... I know it's wrong but WHAT'S THE RIGHT
ANSWER?!!?

Anybody out there in the graphics industry who can help me? What does RCI
stand for? You can respond offline and I'll post the final answer.
--
Be seeing you,

Dave
John David Hickey
Grand Poohbah of Documentation
and proud recipient of two Wing awards

ToonBoom Technologies
Montreal, Quebec, Canada eh?
Tel: 514-278-TOON (8666)
Fax: 514-278-BOOM (2666)
Pag: 514-205-9209

Their site: http://www.toonboom.com
My site: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/

They say the pen is mightier than the sword.
But if you miss a deadline, you'd better bring the sword.
Don't confuse my opinions with my employer's.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.