Re: Famous Technical Writers?

Subject: Re: Famous Technical Writers?
From: Sue Ahrenhold <sahrenho -at- arbortext -dot- com>
To: Bill Hartzer <BHartzer -at- cha-systems -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 15:54:38 -0500

Well, there are the people who got me interested in science by their superb
books --

Paul deKuif The Microbe Hunters
Stephen J. Gould EVERYTHING
Lewis Thomas, The Lives of a Cell
Watson The Double Helix

So, while some are also scientists, I guess you could say I do have role
models for the impact I wish our work had.

My own personal favorite "famous" technical writer is probably Woody
Leonhart, just because the Wizard's Guides to Word for Windows are the only
technical manuals that ever made me giggle while simultaneously teaching me
something.