RE: On-the-spot writing test during a job interview?

Subject: RE: On-the-spot writing test during a job interview?
From: "Wally Glassett" <wallyg -at- flashcom -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:36:10 -0800

IMO, this thread is getting pretty stale, and it was pretty stale to begin
with. However, along with the opinions expressed so far (I don't pretend to
have read them all - I do have work to do...) I find it interesting that no
one has suggested having a candidate just read the sample/test document and
verbally discuss what they think about it; likes, dislikes, how they would
do it, etc. That would be much faster, friendlier, and allow for a much more
open discussion and evaluation than having someone sit down at a, possibly,
strange machine and bang out something to be handed over for "grading."

I don't know about the rest of you, but most of my time is spent discussing,
interviewing and planning my writing. The actual "typing" part happens
fairly quickly and is relatively unimportant in the overall scheme of
things.

Wally Glassett
Tech Doc-It, Inc.
wallyg -at- flashcom -dot- net <mailto:wallyg -at- flashcom -dot- net>