Re: Questions to ask Interviewer

Subject: Re: Questions to ask Interviewer
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Stepheni Norton <stephenin -at- hotmail -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:48:09 -0800 (PST)

> questions, its not that I dont have question I just
> ted to do alot of
> research and already have them answers. So my

You don't have THEIR answers. What's important is not
the answer, it is how they answer it.

Q: I noticed you have some patent issues before the
courts. Anything I should be concerned about?

A1: What patent disputes? (bad answer)
A2: No we don't (bad answer)
A3: I'm glad you asked that question. In 1993, we
...<knowledgeable, calm, professional answer>. (good
answer

BTW...this was a real-life question I asked, A3 was
the real-life answer I got, and I worked for them for
a happy, mutually productive year.

=====
John Posada, Merck Research Laboratories
Sr Technical Writer, WinHelp and html
(work) john_posada -at- merck -dot- com - 732-594-0873
(pers) jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com - 732-291-7811
"The art of creating software that is usable by individuals is a communication skill. It is not a programming skill."
--Bill Atkinson, creator of MacPaint and HyperCard