RE: Schedule, Cost, & Quality: Pick Two

Subject: RE: Schedule, Cost, & Quality: Pick Two
From: SteveFJong -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 14:10:24 EST

In another thread, Anthony Markatos <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com> wrote that Yourdon
and DeMarco said:

>> The creation of effective technical communications is a very iterative
>> process. Through multiple iterations, we move from a very flawed
>> initial understanding of the system to a clear and concise
>> understanding. (So much for the "Ya got to get it right the first time"
>> crowd.)

A voice from the crowd responds: 8^)

You might want to re-read Yourdon and DeMarco to see what they say about code
re-use in iterative development. They don't advocate writing whole products
for each iteration; instead, I do believe, they describe prototyping starting
with paper models.

How does this translate into documentation terms? Certainly no one wants to
write complete documents and then scrap them...!

-- Steve

Steven Jong, Documentation Team Manager ("Typo? What tpyo?")
Lightbridge, Inc., 67 S. Bedford St., Burlington, MA 01803 USA
mailto:Jong -at- lightbridge -dot- com 781.359.4902[V], 781.359.4500[F]
Home Sweet Homepage: http://members.aol.com/SteveFJong