Re: Graphics capture tool in Acrobat4?

Subject: Re: Graphics capture tool in Acrobat4?
From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au>
To: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 20:42:55 +1000

On 11/16/99, John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote (regarding Acrobat 4):
>In the Acrobat help file, it mentions that there is a
>tool to highlight and copy text and a tool to
>highlight a copy graphics.
>
>I have the text tool and it works. no problem.
>However, the graphics tool doesn't even show on my
>tool bar, either active or dimmed.

This one had me stumped too, until someone told me the secret (which I
promptly wrote up in my Electronic Editing book).

Place the pointer on the Text Select tool. Press and hold the left mouse
button and a little toolbar pops out Still holding down the mouse button,
move the pointer over the tools until you get to the Graphics Select tool.
Release the mouse button and the Graphics Select tool is active, and it's
now the one that shows on the toolbar (not the Text Select Tool).

Look closely at the Text Select or Graphic Select tool. There's a tiny
triangle in the lower righthand corner. Several other tools have similar
triangles. In each case, a toolbar will appear if you follow the procedure
above.

This "feature" drives me nuts. I hate it.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
mailto:jean -at- wrevenge -dot- com -dot- au
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.wrevenge.com.au/
Avalook at Australia Travel site: http://www.avalook.com.au/
Now available: Electronic Editing, A quick start guide for
editing students, experienced editors making the
switch from paper to online, and anyone who needs
to write or edit electronically. For details:
http://www.wrevenge.com.au/bookshop/e-edit.htm