Contract Job Avg Duration

Subject: Contract Job Avg Duration
From: "Anthony Markatos" <tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:27:05 PST

Question to all listserv members doing contract work (W-2,1099,etc.)

Going into a job, what is the average stated anticipated duration of a TW contract assignment.

A recruiter from the Boston area recently told me that 99% of all contract jobs are initially for three months, but that the majority are subsequently boosted-up to a duration of six months or more. How does this sound?

Note: I have read that the average stated duration going into a contract job is six months.

Thanks

Tony Markatos
(tonymar -at- hotmail -dot- com)