Missing FTS file in Windows 2000

Subject: Missing FTS file in Windows 2000
From: Darren Barefoot <dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:29:48 -0800

Good afternoon,

We're testing our application under Windows 2000. When we launched our
Winhelp 2000 help system, and chose the Search tab for the first time, it
generates the full text search file, that enables the Search tab keyword
search. However, instead of generating it in the same folder as the .hlp
file, it puts it in c:\WINNT\Help, where it cannot be accessed. As a result,
the Search tab remains blank. A variation on the same problem occurs under
Windows Terminal Server.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Have you devised a solution? I'm
afraid our best solution at the moment is to generate the FTS and ship it
with the other files. Any suggestions would be helpful. I've already tapped
the Robolist archives and the Microsoft Windows 2000 and Blue-Sky sites.
Thanks.

Darren Barefoot
Meridian Project Systems
Technical Content Developer
604-904-0822 ext. 112
dbarefoot -at- mpsbc -dot- com
www.mps.com

Meridian News!
Now shipping! Prolog WebSite 2.0. See the latest eBusiness solution
Meridian Project Systems has to offer. AEC professionals now have the means
and power to conduct business-to-business transactions so they can increase
project accountability and control while reducing construction time by
eliminating paper-based communication. For more information, visit our
website at www.mps.com or call 800-850-2660.