Creating Task Lists

Subject: Creating Task Lists
From: claudette69 -at- mindspring -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 09:37:42 -0500

Hello All!

I am a junior writer in my first tech writing position (I'm a journalism refugee). One of my first assignments is to review the current online help documentation. My manager wants me to check for things like--tone, holes/inaccuracies in the documenation, if any topic needs further explanation, if glossary items should be added or deleted etc. A friend (who also happens to be a writer) suggested I create a task list and go menu by menu looking at all the commands, dialog boxes, fields, tabs etc. Then compare the task lists against whats documented in the help. Does anyone have a copy of a task list I can use or is there a site that has sample task lists? Thanks for your help.

Kim Thornton