RE: Retentive on Friday

Subject: RE: Retentive on Friday
From: "Humbird, Len - CFC" <Humbird -dot- Len -at- cfwy -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:52:15 -0800

Sean,

Though this probably isn't the proper forum for venting (try
alt.my.idiot.boss), I would say that the examples you have pointed out are
rather trivial, and seem to highlight personal preference in writing styles,
rather than expounding the virtues of a superior method.

You have two choices: bitch and complain, show your dark side, and see if it
gets you anywhere; or shut up and put up with it, and carry on knowing that
you produce above-average product no matter what they say. As you go higher
in the ranks of seniority and experience, you have to deal with younger,
know-it-all peers and superiors. I know I do.

I know one writer who puts up with a lot of needless crap from her manager.
Instead of bitching and complaining (and being labeled "difficult to work
with", and "insubordinate") she takes it in stride, smiles, and mentally
says to her manager, "You're an idiot and I don't give a sh*t." She says it
helps.

Or you could use the Columbine method and shoot up the damn place. Everyone
has their own unique way of dealing with opposing points of view.

It's been a slow day...
Have a good weekend all!