RE: Problem printing PDF file-PostScript on DeskJets

Subject: RE: Problem printing PDF file-PostScript on DeskJets
From: "John Locke" <john -at- freelock -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 09:20:31 -0800

Janet writes:
The printer that prints it the way I want it printed is a post script laser
printer. Not HP. The printer that is not cooperating is not a post script
printer. It is an HP deskjet color printer.

I, too, am having problems with PostScript printing on an HP DeskJet.
According to the HP web site, my printer does not support PostScript at all.
That may explain your problem printing PDFs.

The problem I'm having is printing the Helvetica font. I have a client whose
templates use Helvetica for all headings, but these come out as garbage on
my printer. I have Helvetica installed on my computer, in Adobe Type
Manager, and can see it fine on the screen, but it doesn't print.

I've scoured the web looking for a TrueType version of Helvetica, but the
only place I can find it is on the Apple web site, and neither WinZip nor
StuffIt Expander can seem to unpack the file all the way.

Anybody know where I can get a TrueType version of Helvetica, or know of a
nifty workaround in Word to substitute fonts when I print to my printer? My
client is unwilling to use a different font.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
John