RE: Team Building

Subject: RE: Team Building
From: jarnopol <jarnopol -at- interaccess -dot- com>
To: CBamber -at- castek -dot- com, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 99 11:42:27 -0600

CBamber -at- castek -dot- com wrote about "team building"

I thought that stuff went out in the late 70s early 80s, but maybe i'm wrong.

I don't have a very high opinion of the team building exercises. The way I
see it, we're all professionals and, hopefully, we're all going to do our jobs
to the best of our abilities. You have to hope that everyone executes their
specific roles with a minimum of fuss and ego.

As far as trust goes, I think in a business environment, that's earned. When
the developers understand that the tech writers enhance the product and when
the tech writers understand that the developers aren't holding back
information out of spite, that's when respect and team building begins.

But clown school sounds cool. You have an unlimited budget then?

hth

jarnopol