Re: Numbering with Word

Subject: Re: Numbering with Word
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- ptc -dot- com>
To: Deborah Cooper <dcooper -at- edispatch -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 10:55:40 -0500

Deborah Cooper wrote:

> I'm trying to create a document (in MSWord) where each sentence has a number
> (as in 1.2.4 or 1.1.3.6).
> I would like to be able to print the document with and without the numbers.
> How would I go about doing this - any ideas?

1. Make the numbers Hidden Text (Click Format > Font. Under Effects,
choose Hidden).If you are using a style for the numbers, add the Hidden
setting to the style.

2. When you want to print the numbers, click Tools > Options > Print.
Under Include with document, select Hidden text.

3. If you want to view the numbers onscreen, click Tools > Options >
View. Under Nonprinting characters, select Hidden text.

Hope this helps.

Bonnie Granat
bgranat -at- ptc -dot- com