Re: Team Building

Subject: Re: Team Building
From: Janet_Swisher -at- trilogy -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:58:26 -0600

I, too, find formal "team-building" exercises silly and pointless. I do
see some value in creating an opportunity for members of a newly organized
team to get to know one another personally, but I'm doubtful that this
will necessarily lead to better "teamwork". For "getting to know you"
activities, I would recommend finding some activity that people might
actually choose to do on their own, rather than any contrived exercise. I
really like Lisa Higgins's suggestion of a volunteer effort. More purely
recreational choices might be games like bowling or pool. My city has an
outlet of a national chain called "Dave and Buster's" that is sort of like
Chuck-E-Cheese for grown-ups (better games, better food, and alcohol).
They offer special packages for corporate groups.

--Janet