RE: he/she thread

Subject: RE: he/she thread
From: Ed Gregory <edgregory -at- home -dot- com>
To: "Carnall, Jane" <Jane -dot- Carnall -at- compaq -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 09:31:24 -0600

On alternating between he and she on every use:

Interesting in theory, but this scheme falls apart completely if you have
to edit the document and insert a paragraph here or there that upsets the
carefully crafted he/she balance.

How about delivering the documentation via Inter, intra, or extranet. Use
cookies to identify users who prefer "he" or "she" or "the user" or "the
person" or "the individual" or "h/she" or "s/he" or "he/she" or "he or she"
or "they" or "y'all."

Let them view or print the documentation in their own choice of personal
pronouns.

(My very humble apologies if I offended you/your group by leaving out your
preferred form.)

Ed Gregory
http://www.members.home.net/edgregory