RE: Styles on Right Mouse Button

Subject: RE: Styles on Right Mouse Button
From: Emru Townsend <etownsen -at- Softimage -dot- com>
To: "'techwrl'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 16:13:10 -0500

By an astonishing coincidence, I answered this exact same question on
another mailing list within the last 12 hours. Here's a cut-'n'-paste from
that message:

Here's how to do it in Word 97 for Windows.

Note that styles must not only be defined but must have been in use at some
point in the document for this to work.

1. From the menu, choose the Tools > Customize command.
2. In the Toolbars tab, check the Shortcut Menus toolbar. The Shortcut
Menus toolbar appears.
3. In the Shortcut Menus toolbar, click Text, and from the drop-down menu
that appears, click Text. (These options determine the shortcut menus that
will appear when you right-click in certain places. For instance, you
could specify that a certain command only appears when you right-click in a
table cell.)
4. The drop-down menu will stay in place. In the Customize dialog box,
select the Commands tab, and choose New Menu (under Categories). In the
Command section to the right, the New Menu command appears.
5. Drag the New Menu command to the drop-down menu, then right-click on the
New Menu command to rename it to something like "Styles".
6. In the Customize dialog box, select the Commands tab, and choose Styles
(under Categories). In the Command section to the right, a list of
available styles appears.
7. Drag the styles you want to use from the Command section to the new menu
you've created, one at a time.
8. To modify the text of the toolbar button (by default, they all have the
word "Style" at the end), right-click the button and choose the Name
command.
9. Repeat steps 4 through 8 for as many context menus as you need. When
you're finished, click Close in the Customize dialog box.

Emru Townsend | etownsen -at- softimage -dot- com
Softimage, Inc.
Personal Web site: http://purpleplanetmedia.com