Re: estimating page count for SW user guide

Subject: Re: estimating page count for SW user guide
From: Ward Rosenberry <wardr -at- world -dot- std -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:10:13 -0500 (EST)

Debbie,

> However, I don't find her method easy for me and am looking for
> other ideas.

Estimating documentation is *hard work* - especially for a brand new
document for a product that has not been developed. JoAnn Hackos' book
is right - although IMHO, some tasks are more complex than others and
multiplying page count per task is risky - especially if you live and
die by your estimates. In this case it's better to analyze each task
in terms of pages - then make your estimate.

Good Luck!

Ward
Rosenberry Associates Inc. "The Information Design Company"
30 Newfield Street EMAIL: wardr -at- world -dot- std -dot- com
N. Chelmsford, MA, 01824 (USA) TELEPHONE AND FAX: 978 251-7908