RE: Screen shots in .hlp files [long]

Subject: RE: Screen shots in .hlp files [long]
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "'Paul Hanson'" <PHanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 16:45:21 -0500

Well, in my case, as soon as I know the general functional design as been
approved, then I can at least determine a sense of direction. I work with
development builds and document as the functions become available. Screen
shots are easy to do, I use Paint Shop. Depending on the kind of change, I
may alter the graphic in Paint Shop (great for changing data), or reshoot
it. Then I save it with the same name and link it, so when it comes up
again in the file, the most up-to-date graphic always appears. So far it
works fairly well with this app.

My previous employer sounds like a clone to yours, and they wouldn't let me
near a development build. They also refused to update our test database for
over 6 weeks, causing me to have to rewrite and reshoot a horrendous amount.
My saving grace here is that the development team follows the project plan
and change management procedures closely, and they like keeping me in the
loop. Sounds like a little bit of paradise, doesn't it?

Connie Giordano.