RE: OT: Bugs and changes record keeping

Subject: RE: OT: Bugs and changes record keeping
From: "Michelle Wolfe" <WOLFEM -at- bcbsil -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 14:31:43 -0600

Meg wrote in part:

<<Do you folks have suggestions for a way to keep track of problems,
suggestions and plain nice-to-have changes? >>

We use an Access database to track defects. Someone, a long time ago, wrote an upfront user interface to enter the defects and generate some reports. You really wouldn't need the interface if everyone accessing the database knew access.

The information we track includes: date, defect reported by, software version, application, business process, window name, operating system, priority, symptoms, a one line description, and status.

Michelle Wolfe
Training Consultant